To maintain a healthy body, one must take adequate care of their dental health. You are never completely healthy and fit without healthy teeth. Dental problems can often lead to other health problems such as frequent headaches, digestive problems, etc. It is therefore important to take good care of your teeth, as they are one of the most vital parts of your body. General dentistry is a branch of dentistry that deals with the overall dental health care of people belonging to any age group. There are several specializations in the field of dentistry, and general dentistry could be termed as the amalgam of all such specializations. For more information about general dentistry in Boston, Massachusetts, and to schedule your appointment with Dr. Robert Page, please contact Congress Dental Group today at 617-574-8700.
- Dental Cleanings & Exams
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Dental Inlays & Onlays
- Emergency Dentistry
- Full Mouth Reconstructions
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Gum Grafting
- Night Guards
- Osseous Surgery
- Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF)
- Root Canals
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Sports Mouth Guards
Our dentists are equipped with modern technology, training, and an experienced staff to deal with patients of every age group. We provide dental care treatments for your entire family. From toddlers to seniors, we provide different treatment procedures for every member of your family. Each case is dealt individually with personalized care after considering several factors such as age, lifestyle, and dental needs of your family member to determine the most suitable treatment.
PEDIATRIC AND FAMILY DENTISTRY
You can consult with our dentists to learn when you need to start professional dental care for your child, the common dental problems that you need to watch for, and basic dental health care for your children.
Most people do not consult a dentist unless and until they experience a serious dental problem. However, periodic checkups and proper health care can prevent many dental problems that otherwise turn out to be serious issues. Consulting our dentists for regular checkups and professional teeth cleaning sessions will help you prevent tooth decay and periodontal disease. Our hygienists also remove plaque and calculus that could be accumulated for years, and polish your teeth to bring that bright smile on your face.
Periodontal disease is also known as periodontitis or gum disease. Periodontal disease is the advanced stage of soft tissue infections that cause inflamed gums. When you see our dentists regularly, the infection could be identified in early stages and can be treated with medication.
SIGNS OF PERIODONTITIS
Following are some of the common signs of periodontitis:
- Red and inflamed gums
- Oddly loose teeth
- Extreme tooth sensitivity
- Bleeding or painful gums
- Constant bad breath
- Trouble in chewing
COMMON TREATMNET OPTIONS FOR PERIODONTITS
- Deep teeth cleaning – A process known as scaling is used to eliminate plaque and tartar from your gums. This is usually a more through version of regular teeth cleaning sessions that you have with our Boston dentist.
- Tissue rejuvenation – This tissue grafting procedure will prompt the weakened bone structure and gum tissues to grow, resulting in tissue regeneration. In this process, antibiotic treatments can be performed on the tissues.
- Dental implants – If you have already lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, we can restore your teeth and root structures by placing dental implants and combining them with porcelain crowns. These artificial tooth devices are completely unnoticeable.
It is a common fact that certain dental problems could occur due to aging. We take extra care in looking out for senior dental problems and ensuring effective treatment procedures are prescribed. Here is a list of common senior dental problems that could be identified with regular dental checkups at Congress Dental Group:
- Oral cancer
- Teeth grinding or bruxism
- Cracked tooth syndrome
- Worn dentition and brittle teeth
- Dry mouth
- Worn or broken fixed bridges
- Need for complete or partial dentures
- Oral cancer – During your regular checkups, we take extra care while examining your mouth for oral cancer. Regular dental checkups can identify signs of oral cancer in very early stages. Our dentists use advanced technology to ensure thorough checkups.
- Bruxism – Bruxism, also commonly known as teeth grinding, is dangerous and is often unnoticeable, as most people grind their teeth unconsciously while sleeping. Bruxism can have devastating effects on your oral health and several side effects on the overall health of your body. Our dentists look for general signs of bruxism to make sure proper medication is advised in the early stages.
- Cracked tooth syndrome – Cracked tooth syndrome is a side effect of bruxism when it is left untreated for long time. If you are experiencing general pain in your back teeth, let our dentists know about it.
- Worn Dentition and Brittle Teeth – Worn dentition, also known as eroded teeth, is the loss of enamel and tooth surface, which often results in the removal of key dental defenses. This causes extreme tooth sensitivity and develops the risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease. Our dentists will recommend the right kind of medication to treat such sensitive teeth. Your teeth are more likely to become weak and brittle as you age. They start to lose moisture and are vulnerable to breaking after the age of 50. We take extra care of your brittle teeth and provide several dental treatment procedures such as Lumineers®, porcelain veneers, and porcelain crowns to treat this problem more effectively.
- Dry mouth – Dry mouth is one of the most common dental concerns of people aged over 50. When adequate saliva is not secreted in your mouth, your teeth are more vulnerable to several dental problems, such as tooth decay. Our dentists are experienced in treating this dental concern and will surely help you fix the problem.
- Worn or broken fixed bridges – Our dentists have many years of experience in treating worn or broken fixed bridges. We make sure you have proper bridge support for maintaining a healthy bite. We will also have a thorough checkup of your older bridges to know if they need to be replaced or fixed.
- Dentures or partial dentures – Dentures are removable tooth devices that replace the natural teeth you have lost. Our dentists use modern dental technology to replace your lost tooth with complete or partial dentures in combination with dental implants to ensure a perfect fit, and more durability and functionality.
For more information about general dentistry and to schedule your appointment with our dentists, please call our practice today.